Revolut for travel
You don't have to let us know when you're planning to travel. To make your experience abroad as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we've provided some handy tips and advice:
Verify your identity
You will need to verify your identity before you jet off on your trip! Your Revolut account is not functional until we're certain who you are in compliance with financial regulations, a process which usually takes less than 5 minutes. To verify your identity, please navigate to the 'Profile' section to submit pictures of yourself, your photo ID documents, and in some cases a visa or residence permit.
Have your card ready
You will need to order a physical card for card-present payments and cash withdrawals. Make sure you allow ample time for your physical card to arrive, as in some rare cases it can take longer than expected. A normal chip-and-PIN transaction is required first in order to activate contactless payments.
Add money before you leave
The best way to load a large amount of money into your Revolut account is via a bank transfer. If you add money by card, we would recommend adding money automatically so you don't have to worry about insufficient funds while travelling. You should also confirm your deposit card before you go, so that all your transactions go smoothly while you're on the move.
Opt to be billed in the local currency
Some ATMs or POS terminals might ask you whether you would like to complete the transaction 'with conversion' or 'without conversion', you should always choose 'without conversion'. If you choose 'with conversion' or accept the rate proposed by the terminal, the ATM provider or merchant can apply their own exchange rate, which is not the interbank rate, and make a profit on your transaction. As a rule of thumb, you should always opt to be charged in the local currency of the country you're in! Choose Thai Baht if you’re in Thailand, Euros in Spain, or US Dollars in the United States.
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?
- Issues with transfers
- How do I send money to a bank account or card?
- Where can I make a bank or card transfer to?
- Will I be charged for sending money to a bank account or card?
- What if I don't know the recipient's account details?
- What are the limits for sending money to a bank account or card?
- How fast is my outbound transfer to a bank account or card?
- Setting up a Standing Order or a Recurring Bank Transfer
- How are international bank payment fees determined?
- What recipient account details are required for transfers to Sweden?
- What is SEPA instant?
- Which cards can I send money to?
- What recipient account details are required for transfers?
- How do I edit bank or card beneficiary details?
- My outbound transfer arrived in different currency?
- Authentication for recipients
- I did not receive a tracking number for my delivery
- Why is my card not posted yet?
- Where can I get my card delivered to?
- My physical card is not working
- My disposable virtual card is not working
- My contactless card payment is not working
- I have exceeded all my PIN attempts!
- I want to change my card PIN
- What to do if my card was lost or stolen?
- My card has been compromised
- My card has been swallowed by an ATM
- My Revolut card is due to expire – what should I do?
- I've found my 'lost' card – how can I re-link it?
- What is Smart Card Updates?
- I would like a refund for my card