Revolut x Vinted Promotion
Revolut x Vinted Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Vinted Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers resident in Germany, Spain and Italy the opportunity to receive:
- 3 months of the Premium subscription plan for free (the “Free Trial”); and
- For new users to Revolut only: cashback up to your purchase amount but not more than 20€ on all physical or virtual Revolut card payments made on Vinted in total (the “Cashback Offer”). While the stocks last, the Cashback Offer will apply for a period of 4 weeks from when your Revolut Personal account is opened (the “Cashback Period”).
The Promotion will run from the 20th of February 2023 00:00 GMT to the 20th of March 2023 23:59 GMT (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
This section applies to you only if you are a new user to Revolut:
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Germany, Spain or Italy; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Vinted about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in the Vinted app so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion. .
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique landing page link for the Promotion received in the link in the Vinted marketing communications - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in Germany or Italy or Spain with no restrictions on your account) before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive Free Trial and the Cashback Offer.
This section applies to you only if you are an existing customer of Revolut:
To be eligible for the Promotion, you must:
- Click on the unique link for the Promotion received in the email/inbox/push notification/infoboard from Vinted - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. On the Revolut website you will be able to see important details of this Promotion including these Promotion Terms, the Promotion Period as well as the details of the Free Trial including the subscription plan you are offered as part of the Promotion and its duration. Once you have provided your phone number, you will receive a push notification in your Revolut app where you will be offered the Free Trial;
- Have an active Revolut account in Germany, Spain or Italy. To have an “active account,” you must have a positive account balance, have completed our signup process, passed Revolut’s KYC checks, and your account must not be suspended, closed or restricted in any way before the end of the Promotion Period. Please note that this Promotion is available to Standard plan users only. If you are currently subscribed to a Plus, Premium or Metal plan you’re not eligible for this Promotion;
You must successfully complete all of the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”.
If you are a new user to start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Free Trial within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. Details of the subscription plan including these Promotion Terms will be made available to you on the Revolut website before you sign up for a Revolut Personal account. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the relevant subscription plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
If you are an existing customer of Revolut, to start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Free Trial within 72 hours of receiving a push notification in your Revolut App.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium plan during the entire duration of Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply as set out in Plus, Premium and Metal terms.
You also have the right to withdraw from the Revolut Personal account within the first 14 days of opening a Revolut account by letting us know through the Revolut app or by emailing us at email@example.com. You have a right to withdraw without paying any penalties and without having to indicate any reason. In case of withdrawal from the agreement we will return any remaining balance to you. If you have already subscribed to Premium plan by withdrawing from the Personal account you will also withdraw from the Premium plan. Also, you have the right to withdraw from the Premium plan without withdrawing from the Revolut Personal account. In both cases you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee, if you ordered a card before withdrawing. You may also have to pay back the card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you withdraw from the Premium plan within your Free Trial. This is to cover our costs. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery. To find out about your right of withdrawal you can also refer to the Revolut Personal Terms and the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium plan (unless you tell us otherwise during Free Trial) and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (the cooling-off period will no longer apply). Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your Premium plan either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium plan at any time after the Free Trial. However, fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I get my cashback?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period, you will also be able to receive the Cashback Offer, which is cashback up to your purchase made on Vinted,but not more than 20€ of cashback in total using Revolut card as a payment method. You’ll need to add money to your new Revolut card and add the card to your Vinted profile under Payments Settings. Browse the catalogue and click “Buy now” when you choose an item, select Revolut as your payment method and press Pay. If you have money in the Vinted Balance, it will be used for the purchase first while the Revolut card will be used only if the money available in Vinted Balance will not be sufficient for the purchase. To receive the full €20 cashback, you have to empty your Vinted Balance first.
The Cashback Offer applies on all physical or virtual Revolut card payments made on Vinted during the Cashback Period. This means, for example, if your Revolut Personal Account is opened on 1st of March 2023, the Cashback Offer will apply for a period of 4 weeks from 1st of March 2023. We’ll credit the cashback to your account within 7 days of each completed virtual or physical Revolut card payment you make on Vinted, subject to these Promotion Terms. If you make a virtual or physical Revolut card payment within the Cashback Period but it is reverted or you seek a refund, you will not be entitled to cashback and if we’ve already credited your account with cashback, we reserve the right to reverse that cashback. In the latter case, we will consider the reversal of any cashback transaction to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania;
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Revolut Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can suspend, end or cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time by notifying you in the same way we notified you about the launch of the promotion. If we suspend or end this Promotion, we will remove these Promotion Terms from our website. If we change the Promotion Terms, we will make the updated terms available on our website and notify you about this in the same way. Any change to the Promotion Terms (including the suspension or termination of the Promotion) does not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion (unless required by any applicable law).
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We reserve the right to reverse any Cashback Offer you receive during the Promotion Period if you earned the Cashback Offer fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the Cashback Offer, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any Cashback Offer to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any Cashback Offer or between the time of qualifying for the Cashback Offer and receiving the Cashback Offer that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to that Cashback Offer.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Cashback Offer as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside.