St Patrick's Day 2022 Free Trial Promotion
What is the promotion about?
As part of the St Patrick’s Day 2022 Free Trial Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering selected users the opportunity to win a free trial on a paid Plus, Premium or Metal subscription plan for a limited time (the “Free Trial”). Eligibility is set out below.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
During the Free Trial, you don’t have to pay for the subscription plan and you have the right to cancel it free of charge (but you may have to pay a fee if you ordered a card). After a Free Trial ends, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (see further details below).
Who is eligible for the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- have an “active” Personal account with either a Revolut Ltd or Revolut Payments UAB;
- live in England, Scotland or Wales if you are a Revolut Ltd customer or in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia or Spain if you are a Revolut Payments UAB customer (this means the address registered on your Revolut account must be in one of these markets); and
- have personally received an email or in-app push notification from Revolut inviting you to participate in the Promotion.
To have an “active account,” you must have a positive account balance, have completed our signup process, passed our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks, and your account must not be suspended, closed or restricted in any way.
For Revolut Ltd and Revolut Payments UAB customers, the Promotion will run from 00.00 UTC on 17 March 2022to 11:59 UTC on 20 March 2022. We call this the “Promotion Period”.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
If you are eligible for the Promotion, to win a Free Trial for one of our paid subscription plans, you will need to click on the unique link for the Promotion that will be in the email or in-app push notification we send you. You will need to click on this link before the end of the Promotion Period. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut App which will tell you how many months of Free Trial you have won, and for which paid plan - Plus, Premium or Metal. You can choose to either accept or decline the Free Trial.
If you choose to accept the Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the subscription plan you have been awarded as part of the Promotion before the end of the Promotion Period.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Promotion (see the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. You will also be able to see this information in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App. You have the right to cancel your subscription plan free of charge during the Free Trial but after your Free Trial ends, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the subscription plan. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
If you order a card during your Free Trial period and then cancel your subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card (the price of the card depends on the subscription plan you signed up to as part of your Free Trial). This is to cover our costs. You may also have to pay a card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription plan within your cooling off period. Please refer to the Subscription plan fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery subject to your subscription plan. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
What other legal information should I know?
In addition, the following applies to this Promotion:
- For Revolut users who live in England, Scotland or Wales, the Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For Revolut users resident in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia or Spain, the promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Payments UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania.
- This Promotion is limited to one Free Trial per customer.
- This Promotion is not available to users who are already subscribed to a Plus, Premium or Metal plan.
- The maximum Free Trial users can win as part of the Promotion is 12 months.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms, at any time without notice.
- We have set a Promotion Period in these Promotion Terms. However, we can extend this period, or close it early, at any time without notice.
- The official version of these Promotion Terms is the English version. We may provide transitions as a courtesy, but the English language version shall prevail and be used in any dispute or proceedings.
- For the customers of Revolut Ltd, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- For the customers of Revolut Payments UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Revolut, or their corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.