What is this Promotion about?
Revolut is offering standard Badoo customers in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and Poland the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- 6 months of the Badoo Premium Plus subscription plan for free (the “Badoo Free Trial”). The Badoo Free Trial will not be available to you if you already have an active Badoo Premium account; and
- 3 months of Revolut Premium subscription (the “Revolut Free Trial”);
(together, the “Promotion”).
In order to benefit from the Promotion, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link sent from Badoo between 00:00 BST 28 September 2022 and 11:59pm BST 28 October 2022 (the “Promotion Period”) and meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, or Poland; and
- Sign up to Revolut for the first time using the unique link in the Badoo app or a unique link shared on their social media (you will only receive marketing from Badoo if you have already provided your personal data to Badoo and are happy for Badoo to send marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps: Once you click on the unique link, you will be redirected to Revolut’s website where you will be prompted to enter your phone number; and
- You must follow the steps for opening a Revolut account, complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks and successfully onboard to Revolut without any restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period; and
- Activate the Revolut Premium Trial and use your Revolut account virtual or physical card to make five (5) qualifying transactions of at least $1.00 USD with your Revolut physical or virtual card (each a “Qualifying Transaction”) before the end of the Promotion Period to redeem the Badoo Premium Trial.
Remember: If you already have a Revolut account or a Badoo Premium Account, you won’t be eligible for this Promotion.
Badoo Premium Plus offer shall not be available to you if you have previously used a trial or paid feature.
Once you have completed the above, you will be eligible for the Promotion and must follow the steps listed below in order to start your Revolut Free Trial and Badoo Free Trial.
How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?
In order to start your Revolut Free Trial, you will need to upgrade your Revolut account to a Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of opening your Revolut account. Although you must be onboarded without any restrictions on your Revolut account before the end of the Promotion Period, it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to Premium until after the end of the Promotion Period. As long as you do so before the 72 hour cutoff, your Revolut Free Trial will start when you upgrade.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Revolut Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). The Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Free Trial.
If you ordered a card during your Revolut Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Free Trial period, we may deactivate the card and you will need to repay the delivery fee for the card (this fee varies depending on where you live, but we will show you it in the App before you downgrade). If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
After the Revolut Free Trial ends, you will remain on a Premium Plan unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms). Our Premium plan has a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will count towards the 12 month term. After the Revolut Free Trial ends, we’ll start taking payments for your Premium plan either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I start my Badoo Free Trial?
You will be able to benefit from the Badoo Subscription Offer once you have made five (5) physical or virtual Revolut card payments with your new Revolut Premium account.
Within 7 days of making your first payment with your Revolut Personal account, Revolut will send you a unique Badoo Free Trial link by email. You will need to click “Claim offer” in the email and will be redirected to Badoo’s website. You'll either be instructed to create a new Badoo account or to log in to your existing standard account. Remember that the Badoo Free Trial will not be available to you if you already have an active Badoo Premium account.
Once you have created your new Badoo account or logged into your existing standard account, 6 months of free Badoo Premium Plus subscription will automatically be added to your account. Although your Revolut Premium account must be opened before the end of the Promotion Period, you will be able to redeem your Badoo Free Trial offer within 60 days of receiving the email.
On the expiry of your Badoo Free Trial, your Badoo Premium Plus account will be closed. If you wish to continue using your Badoo Premium Plus account, you will need to pay the relevant fees for the subscription.
The Badoo terms and conditions for the Badoo Premium Plus account will apply to you during your Badoo Free Trial. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Badoo account.
What other legal information should I know?
- For customers based in the United Kingdom, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD. For customers based in Germany, Spain, and Poland, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- This Promotion is governed by these Promotion Terms. We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms , at any time without notice.
- We agree to give you a Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Revolut Free Trial). You cannot ask us to invite you to the Promotion if you weren’t eligible or ask us to extend it if you miss it.
- The Badoo terms and conditions for your Badoo account will apply to you during your Badoo Free Trial. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Badoo account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your Badoo account.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- The official version of these terms and conditions is the English version. We may provide transitions as a courtesy, but the English language version shall prevail and be used in any dispute or proceedings.
- For the customers of Revolut Ltd, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- For the customers of Revolut Bank UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).