- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Payment declined by security system
We have an automated security system set in place to prevent fraudulent card transactions, which automatically declines the transaction and blocks the card at the same time.
There's nothing to be worried about though, your account's functionality isn't affected, only the card gets frozen so that you could additionally authorize the payment.
How does it work?
If your card payment was declined by our security system, you'll get a notification asking you to review the transaction and activate or terminate the card, depending on whether you've made the transaction or not. If you confirm you recognize the payment, your card will be unblocked automatically and our system shouldn't decline future transactions to this merchant.
But, if you select another option that you don't recognize this payment, your card will be terminated. All future payments to this merchant should be blocked as well.
How can I activate my card?
If you see that your payment was declined due to security reasons and the card is blocked, you can easily re-activate it in the Cards section. To activate it, tap on the card you'd like to use, and you'll find 'Unfreeze' button there.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission