How does Revolut calculate the cryptocurrency rates?
How does Revolut decide the cryptocurrency rates to offer at any moment?
We stream the prices from the exchanges we’ve partnered with and calculate a Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP). Our derived rate takes into account other factors, such as market depth and volatility.
Will Revolut apply a fee to my cryptocurrency exchange?
The fee varies depending on what plan you are on, if you have Standard or Plus plan, the fee will be 2.5%, and for Premium and Metal, the fee will be 1.5%.
Any cryptocurrency exchange will reflect on your currency exchange usage limit. If you're a Standard or Plus customer, and your limit is exceeded, an additional 0.5% fee will be added.
Any fees will be shown separately before you make a transaction, and you can check it afterwards in transaction details.
Why do I have different rates for Buying and Selling?
If you notice the selling price is lower than the buying price, don't worry, this is normal. This happens because we stream two rates: the market buy rate (Ask rate) and the market sell rate (Bid rate). The difference between the two rates is due to the Ask rate being the highest price that a buyer is willing to pay and the Bid rate being the lowest price that a seller is willing to accept, this difference is called 'spread'.
If you believe that we offered an incorrect rate, please chat to us.
Getting cryptocurrency exposure
- Which cryptocurrencies are supported and how do I start investing in cryptocurrencies?
- How much does it cost to buy or sell cryptocurrency?
- How can I start using cryptocurrency features?
- Does the conversion from and to cryptocurrencies happen instantly?
- Sending cryptocurrency
- Can I set target prices for exchanging cryptocurrency automatically?
- Can I be notified of price volatility?