How do auto deposits work?
To set up auto-deposits, please follow the below steps in your Revolut app:
You will now be able to choose the conditions for adding money automatically, which will trigger a specified amount to be added to your account. You will need to set up the minimum amount which your balance has to reach in order to trigger the automatic top-up and choose the amount which will be added. If you balance falls below the established threshold, an auto top-up will be triggered.
There's a daily auto deposit limit for each currency, but you can always add more money manually in the app.
New Revolut users won’t be able to enable auto-deposits straight away. We’ll complete regular checks of your risk profile, and let you know with an in-app notification when you can use this feature.
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- My deposit arrived in a different currency