What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Tinder Promotion (“the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of Tinder in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Netherlands, Slovakia, Portugal, Italy, Denmark and Spain the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- 3 months of the Tinder Gold subscription plan for free (the “Tinder Free Trial”). The Tinder Subscription Offer will not be available to you if you already have an active Tinder Gold account; and
- Three (3) months free Revolut Premium (the "Revolut Free Trial");
In order to receive the Tinder Free Trial and the Revolut Free Trial, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Tinder between the 2nd of March 2022 00:00 GMT and the 2nd of September 2022 23:59 GMT (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Netherlands, Slovakia, Portugal, Italy, Denmark or Spain; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Tinder about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in Tinder’s app and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive marketing from Tinder if you have already provided your personal data to Tinder and are happy for Tinder to send marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the in-app banner or social media post from Tinder - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account and will be offered the Revolut Free Trial;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account with a Premium plan and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period. If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion; and
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) with a registered address in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Netherlands, Slovakia, Portugal, Italy, Denmark or Spain with no restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Tinder Free Trial and the Revolut Free Trial.
How do I start my Tinder Subscription Offer?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, after you make your first physical or virtual Revolut card payment, you can start your Tinder Subscription Offer. Within 7 days of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened and if you have made your first physical or virtual Revolut card payment, Revolut will send you a unique Tinder code by email. You will need to click “Claim offer” in the email and you will be redirected to tinder.com where your code will be automatically recognised. You'll either be instructed to create a new Tinder account or you will be instructed to log in to your existing account. The Tinder Subscription Offer will not be available to you if you already have an active Tinder Gold account at the time of redeeming the unique Tinder code received in the email from Revolut.
Once all steps are completed, 3 months of free Tinder Gold will be added to your account. Your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened and you need to have made your first physical or virtual Revolut card payment before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t start your Tinder Subscription Offer until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Tinder Subscription Offer as long as you redeem the unique Tinder code received in the email from Revolut within 60 days of receiving it.
On the expiry of your Tinder Subscription Offer, your Tinder Gold account will be closed. If you wish to continue using your Tinder Gold account, you will need to pay the relevant charges for the subscription.
The applicable terms and conditions for the Tinder account will apply to you during your Tinder Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Tinder Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Tinder account.
How do I start my Free Revolut Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to Premium until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan. If you order a card during your Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
You have the right to cancel your selected subscription within the Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
Ordering a Premium card
If you cancel your new subscription within the cooling off period but have ordered a Premium card, you’ll have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. You may also have to pay a card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription within your cooling off period. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
What other legal information should I know?
- For customers based in, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Netherlands, Slovakia, Portugal, Italy, Denmark and Spain, this Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Payments UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice. If we are going to change or cancel the Promotion before the Promotion Period ends, we’ll give you a notice through the Revolut app and/or email. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you a Free Revolut Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Free Revolut Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or -annually, and your Free Revolut Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Free Revolut Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We reserve the right to reverse any credit you receive during the Promotion Period if, you earned the credit fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the credit, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any credit to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- The applicable terms and conditions for the Tinder account will apply to you during your Tinder Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Tinder Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Tinder account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your Tinder account. You must contact Tinder directly in relation to this.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any credit or between the time of qualifying for credit and receiving credit that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to that credit.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- For the customers of Revolut Payments UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).