What is this Promotion about?
Revolut is offering prospective new Personal customers on any plan in England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Spain, France and Germany (together the “Eligible Countries”) the opportunity to take part in the Revolut x NBA Paris Game Giveaway Promotion (the “Promotion”).
The Promotion allows prospective Personal customers to be entered into a prize draw for a chance to win two tickets to the NBA Paris Game 2024 and a cash prize of EUR 1000 (or currency equivalent) to cover travel and accommodation expenses associated with attending the game (the “Prize Draw”).
To take part in this Promotion, you must complete the steps set out in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” between 22nd December 2023 (00:00 CET) and 2 January 2024 (23:59 CET). We call this the “Promotion Period”.
These terms and conditions (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion. You must comply with these Promotion Terms and the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
Who is eligible for this Promotion?
To be considered an “Eligible Participant” for this Promotion you must meet the following “Eligibility Criteria”:
- have a residential address in one of the Eligible Countries listed above;
- not have or have previously held a Revolut Personal account with any Revolut group entity; and
- be at least 18 years of age.
You also need to complete the “Required Steps” before the end of the Promotion Period:
- click on the Promotion unique link – this will be provided on Revolut’s social media platform; and
- successfully open a Revolut Personal account for the first time through the Promotion unique link).
You must use the Promotion unique link provided as part of this Promotion to sign up for a Revolut Personal account. If you sign up using the normal account opening process in our app, you will not be able to take part in this Promotion.
How do I enter the Prize Draw?
Within three business days after the end of the Promotion Period, we will include the Revolut usernames of all Eligible Participants in the Prize Draw, and we will randomly select one Eligible Participant as the winner.
If you are the winner, we will notify you via email (to the email address registered to your Personal account). We will provide you with a 48 hour window from the time we initially reach out to you to confirm your availability. If you do not respond within the 48 hour window, we will randomly select another Eligible Participant from the Prize Draw to be the winner. The 48 hour window will apply to the second drawn Eligible Participant, and so on, until we are able to confirm a winner.
If we contact you to tell you have won but within 48 hours of contacting you we realise that you do not meet the Eligibility Criteria or have not completed the Required Steps, we will be unable to award you with the two tickets to the NBA Paris Game 2024 (the “Prize”) and the EUR 1000 (or currency equivalent), and we will randomly select another Eligible Participant from the Prize Draw to be the winner.
The decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion, including the selection of the winner are final and binding.
In the event that you win, you and your plus one will not be in a position to negotiate, re-sell (or seek to re-sell or transfer) your Prize to anyone else or for any market value or cash alternative. We agree to award the Prize, and EUR 1000 (or currency equivalent) to cover travel and accommodation expenses)) to the winner in line with these Promotion Terms. We will credit the winner’s Revolut Personal account main balance with the EUR 1000 (or currency equivalent if their Revolut Personal account is denominated in a currency other than EUR).
What other legal information should I know?
- NBA in these Promotion Terms refers to NBA Properties Inc., the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), and the NBA member teams (collectively, the “NBA Entities”).
- We may change, suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation, or due to unforeseen circumstances which may make it impossible for us to offer the Prize with the NBA or their affiliates. We may suspend or end the Promotion on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- If we need to change, suspend or end the Promotion before the end of the Promotion Period, we will try to give you notice through the app and/or email. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control which means we are unable to continue running the Promotion as planned. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of early suspension or termination.
- We may decide not to grant you the Prize if any of the following applies before we are due to send you the private digital link:
- your Revolut Personal account becomes suspended or restricted;
- you engage in fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (for example, attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception); and/or
- you breach these Promotion Terms or the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account.
5. Employees of NBA Entities, including affiliates, agents and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible for and cannot take part in this Promotion.
6. The NBA Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents are not liable for and will be held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss or damage to an Eligible Participant who wins the Prize, or any third party, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including participation in this Promotion.
7. By participating in this Promotion, you confirm that you understand that any benefit you receive as part of this Promotion may be subject to local income tax in the country of your residence and/or in the local territory where you are tax resident. It is entirely your responsibility to pay any tax which may arise from receiving any benefit. Revolut will bear no liability for any tax obligations which may arise from receiving any benefit as part of this Promotion
8. These Promotion Terms are published in English. If they are translated into another language, the translation is for reference only and the English language version of the Promotion Terms shall prevail. The English version of these Promotion Terms shall be used in any legal proceedings. If, however, by law the local language should be used, the local language shall prevail.
9. If you sign up for a Revolut Personal account as part of this Promotion, Revolut will process your personal data in compliance with our Customer Privacy Notice.
This Promotion is organised and offered to you by the Revolut group entities that provide you with your Personal account in Eligible Countries. If you have a complaint about this Promotion, you can raise it directly with them. Please see below for the registered addresses of each Revolut group entity and the relevant laws and courts that have jurisdiction to determine any dispute you may have in relation to this Promotion. You can rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the country where you live.
Revolut group entity/branch
The law that applies to these Promotion Terms
Which courts have jurisdiction
7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD
The courts of England and Wales
Revolut Bank UAB
Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania
The courts of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside.
Revolut Bank UAB acting in Ireland via its branch in Ireland
2 Dublin Landings, North Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland
The competent courts of Ireland.
Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in France
10 avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris, France (SIREN 917 420 077)
If you are unhappy with how we have dealt with your complaint, you can refer it free of charge to the Médiateur de l’Association française des Sociétés Financières (ASF) and any dispute can be referred to the competent court in France.
Revolut Bank UAB, Sucursal en España
With tax ID W0250845E, duly registered with the Commercial Registry in Madrid under Volum 44863, Sheet 1, Section 8, Page M-789831 and with the Bank of Spain under number 1583. Its address is at Príncipe de Vergara 132, 4th floor, 28002, Madrid (Spain).
The competent courts of Spain.