How can I add money using my linked bank account?
To add money to Revolut, simply tap the 'Add money' button on your home screen. Find the different ways to add money and choose the option called 'Directly from your bank'.
If you've already linked an external bank account, it will appear at the top of this list so you'll be able to select that as well.
Once you've chosen Open Banking and added the desired amount, we'll send you over to your bank's app or website to approve this transaction for your security. Simply approve it from there and we’ll do the rest.
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- Why did my Easy Bank Transfer with Commerzbank fail?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?