Your teen wants to join Revolut!
Download the app now to approve their account and start managing money together
How to get started?
- 1Sign up to Revolut
You can download the Revolut app and create a free Standard account for yourself. Just enter your phone number so we can link it to your teen's request.
- 2Approve their account
Once you've verified your identity and your Revolut account is activated, you can approve their <18 account in-app.
- 3Get that <18 card ready!
Then your teen can personalise their <18 card (fees may apply). After that, you're all set!
Teach your teen money skills for life
Help them understand how money works with Revolut <18. They'll learn how to earn, budget, spend, and save, with the right amount of independence. All from one app!
Your finances, sorted
Explore how you can get more from your own account, from easy money management, to travel perks and investments. Join 30+ million customers worldwide who get more from their money
Here's all of them answered
- Revolut is the global financial super app with 30+ million retail customers worldwide. Revolut <18 is an account for anyone aged between 6 and 17. It’s designed to help kids and teens manage their money more independently and get hands-on with learning how to earn, budget, spend, and save money safely and securely.
- Your teen downloaded the Revolut <18 app (minimum age applies) and is now asking you to approve their new account. All you need to do to accept their request is create a Revolut account yourself. In the Revolut <18 app, your teen can earn, budget, save or spend the money in their own account, and make use of smart money management tools designed for them. You can use the Revolut <18 dashboard in your app to send money, help your teen stay secure, and support them on their money journey.
- Because a minor has to be over 18 to open an account, we need you as their parent or guardian to approve it and act as their legal account holder. You need to open a Revolut account to be able to do this, but if you ask us, that’s a pretty good perk! When you join, you can help your teen reach their financial goals and learn smart spending from your app. Plus, you can send money over easily when they need it.
- Once their account has been created and activated, you can order the Revolut <18 card through your own Revolut app.
- Your teen gets their own customisable spending card and a Revolut <18 app. They can request and receive money from you, either on-demand, or you can set up a regular allowance for them. They can make transactions online or in-store, including contactless with Google or Apple Pay, in any currency, and they can withdraw cash from ATMs. Plus, once they're old enough (this is based on your country’s age of consent), they'll be able to send and receive money to and from friends on Revolut. There are loads more features to explore, like savings goals and challenges, when you're on a Plus, Premium, or Metal plan.
- Safety and security is our first priority when it comes to your money. If you want to know more about this, check the page below to clarify any questions.Read more on our security page.
- It’s free to create and use a Revolut or Revolut <18 account. There’s no monthly fee on the Standard plan, but we do charge a one-time delivery fee when you order a card. If your teen wants to personalise their <18 card, there’s also a charge for this. If you want to add more teens, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan as well. If you decide to upgrade to one of our Plus, Premium or Metal plans, with a monthly fee, no extra fee is charged for delivery or personalisation.Learn more about our plans.
- When they turn 18, they can continue to use the Revolut <18 account until their 19th birthday, or until their card expires. We won't issue any new <18 cards once they're over 18. Once your teen turns 18, they can sign up for a Revolut personal account, so they'll be able to get our full range of features and products.
- Don't worry, you can freeze their card instantly from your Revolut app. If they find their card again, you can easily unfreeze it. If it’s definitely lost or stolen, you can report it in-app to cancel the card, and order a replacement.
- Yes, your teen's <18 card can be easily linked to Google or Apple Pay (so long as they're old enough in your country), so they can make contactless payments. They'll always get an emergency payment method if they leave their card at home and still need money to grab a bus ticket, or some lunch.Read more about Apple and Google Pay
- Yes, you can add a co-parent or additional guardian to join your Revolut squad, if you upgrade to our Plus, Premium, or Metal plan.
What do other parents say?
"It does exactly what it needs to"
*If your teen is above the age of data consent in your country, they can create an account for free themselves, and get your approval (see more in-app). If they are below this age, you need to create an account for them from your own Revolut app.