As a parent or guardian, can I choose to decline a Revolut junior self sign up activation request?
The parent or the legal guardian can choose to deny the request for activation or approval of the Revolut Junior account. The parent may do so on the parent approval form. Just tap 'Deny' to decline the request for activation.
The Junior can't access any Revolut Junior features until the account is activated by a parent.
Getting started with Revolut Junior
Revolut Junior for parents
- Can I control my child's use of the Revolut Junior card?
- Can I use my child's card?
- Can my child have a Revolut Junior account if I don’t have a Revolut account for myself?
- What happens if I move to a country where Revolut Junior is not available?
- Can I add or withdraw money from my child's account?
- Can I close a Revolut Junior account?
- How do I create a second Junior account?
- Who can add money to a Revolut Junior account?
- Where can I find the account details of a Junior account?
- Junior Goals
- How to add a Co-parent to my Revolut Junior account?
- What features can Co-parents access with Revolut Junior?