People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 28+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 6000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Credit department at Revolut is anything but ordinary. They design, develop and launch credit products across the globe 🌏 The team manages our products from day one to the end - developing the back and front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions. It's a big old job, but our people are a Credit to us all ✨
As a Credit Manager, you'll be responsible for designing credit risk policies, procedures and strategies for Revolut’s retail lending products ⏰ This is a new-ish product in our portfolio, and as that book grows you'll be managing validation of the underwriting strategy, as well as leading the charge for preventative and reactive actions to the market and product offering 🚀
This is an exciting time for Revolut and none more so than to be joining the (to be licensed) UK bank team. We are launching exciting new products, looking after our customers and closely managing our risks. Why not come and join the journey and help us shape the future of banking.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing account level valuation frameworks to develop underwriting credit policies using NPV framework to optimise portfolio level economic returns
- Making data driven decisions with especial focus on marginal decision making
- Ensuring portfolio management, which includes but is not limited to credit limit management, risk based pricing, retention strategies, over-limit policies etc.
- Managing Risk adjusted return requirements & adjusting the portfolio returns as new data comes into light
- Supporting the annual budget, forecast and planning processes, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, preparation of the plan, from concept to delivery
- Tracking, communicating and drawing insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives & be on top of all credit KPI’s through intensive monitoring
- Identifying operational inefficiencies and manage the implementation of small scale change within the Credit function
- Ensuring approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line and regulators
What you'll need
- Proven track record of managing through the cycle credit risk for retail credit products like credit cards, unsecured personal loans etc.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably Masters or higher) in an quantitative/analytical stream like engineering, statistics, Physics, math, economics or management degree from a top university
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner
- To deliver excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Solid understanding of credit as well as behavioural scoring models esp. for retail credit products
- Generally clear, concise and structured communication style, ability to explain complex concepts in simple manner
- Deep thinker attitude with capability to process a lot of information towards most optimal decision making
- Understanding of the value of speed to market and is able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc. & other data analysis tools and also willing to learn new technology to help business scale
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
- Get It Done
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
- Deliver WOW
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
- Dream Team
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
- Never Settle
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
- Think Deeper
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.