What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x McFIT Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of McFIT in Germany and Austria the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- 2 months of the Premium subscription plan for free (the “Free Trial”);
- A top-up of 20€ (the “Top Up Offer”).
In order to receive the Free Trial and the Top Up Offer, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from McFIT between the 31st of October 2022 00:00 GMT and the 31st of December 2022 23:59 GMT (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Germany or Austria; and
- Either receive marketing directly from McFIT about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in the McFIT app and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive marketing from McFIT if you have already provided your personal data to McFIT and are happy for McFIT to send marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the McFIT app - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account and will be offered the Free Trial;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period. If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in Germany or Austria with no restrictions on your account) before the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive Free Trial and the the Top Up Offer.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to Premium subscription plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium plan during the entire duration of Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply as set out in Plus, Premium and Metal terms.
You also have the right to withdraw from the Revolut Personal account within the first 14 days of opening a Revolut account by letting us know through the Revolut app or by emailing us at email@example.com. You have a right to withdraw without paying any penalties and without having to indicate any reason. In case of withdrawal from the agreement we will return any remaining balance to you. If you have already subscribed to Premium plan by withdrawing from the Personal account you will also withdraw from the Premium plan. Also, you have the right to withdraw from the Premium plan without withdrawing from the Revolut Personal account. In both cases you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee, if you ordered a card before withdrawing. You may also have to pay back the card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you withdraw from the Premium plan. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery. To find out about your right of withdrawal you can also refer to the Revolut Personal Terms and the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms.
If you ordered a card during your Free Trial and then cancel your Premium plan before the end of the Free Trial, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. You may also have to pay back the card delivery fee if you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel the Premium plan within your Free Trial. This is to cover our costs. Please refer to the Premium fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium plan (unless you tell us otherwise during Free Trial) and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply (the cooling-off period will no longer apply). Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your Premium plan either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium plan at any time after the Free Trial. However, fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Free Trial ends.
How do I get my Top Up Offer?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period, you will also be able to receive the Top Up Offer.
You will need to order your physical Revolut card before you can receive the Top Up Offer. The Top Up Offer will apply for a period of 4 weeks from when your physical Revolut card has been ordered (the “Top Up Period”).
We will top up your Revolut personal account with the Top Up Offer after you make three initial transactions using your physical or virtual Revolut card of a minimum of 5€ each within the Top Up Period.
Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical card to make the payments: you can easily generate a virtual card in the app and use it for this purpose. But you do need to order a physical card before you can receive the Top Up Offer.
To receive the Top Up Offer, you will need to order your physical Revolut card and make the three initial Revolut card payments within 4 weeks of opening your Revolut personal account, even if the 4 week period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t order your physical Revolut card and make the three initial Revolut card payments until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to receive your Top Up Offer as long as you meet the requirements before the 4 weeks cut off.
It doesn’t matter whether your three initial Revolut card payments are with McFIT or another merchant. However, the payments must be a genuine purchase (for example, card transactions to payment service providers, cash withdrawals and money transfers are not valid).
We’ll credit your account with the relevant Top Up Offer within 7 days of all three initial Revolut card payments being completed (subject to these Promotion Terms). In accordance with these Promotion Terms you can benefit from the only one Top Up Offer which amounts to 20€.
Once you receive the Top Up Offer, it can be used for any physical or virtual Revolut card payments.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania;
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can suspend, end or cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time by notifying you in the same way we notified you about the launch of the promotion. If we suspend or end this Promotion, we will remove these Promotion Terms from our website. If we change the Promotion Terms, we will make the updated terms available on our website and notify you about this in the same way. Any change to the Promotion Terms (including the suspension or termination of the Promotion) does not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion (unless required by any applicable law).
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We reserve the right to reverse the Top Up Offer you receive during the Promotion Period if you earned the Top Up Offer fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the Top Up Offer, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of the Top Up Offer to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with the Top Up Offer or between the time of qualifying for the Top Up Offer and receiving the Top Up Offer that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to the Top Up Offer.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Top Up Offer as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside.