How can I cancel a direct debit?
The way to cancel a direct debit on your account depends on whether it is denominated in GBP (which is made through the BACS scheme) or in EUR (which is made through the SEPA scheme).
To cancel a local GBP direct debit:
- Go to your last direct debit payment in the transactions section of the Revolut app and ‘cancel the transaction’ from ‘completed payments’. You can cancel a UK direct debit before 4pm (UK time) on the business day that it is due.
- If you’ve missed this cut-off, don’t worry as you may be entitled to a refund for that particular transaction and you’ll still be able to cancel future direct debit payments as long as you do so before the cut off. You can ask us for a refund in relation to the direct debit transaction by making a Direct Debit Indemnity Claim on your behalf. Whether you are entitled to a refund will depend on the rules of the BACS scheme.
To deactivate any future EUR Direct Debit transactions:
- Go to the ‘Payments’ section of the app and open 'Scheduled' tab. Select the direct debit you wish to cancel, click 'Delete' and follow the instructions.
- If it’s too late to cancel your direct debit and you are charged for the amount, you will be entitled to an unconditional refund if you contact us within eight weeks of the date the payment was taken from your account.
Once a Direct Debit is cancelled, it cannot be restored.
Please note, our Support team is not able to cancel direct debits on your account. If you are unable to cancel a direct debit on your account yourself, you may still be entitled to a refund so please get in touch with Support.
- Transfer fees
- How long do transfers take?
- How can I download my transfer confirmation or MT103?
- Where can I find my account details?
- Does Revolut Business accept cash or receipt deposits?
- What is Revolut’s address?
- How to edit counterparty details?
- Local account details
- Local VS International transfers
- Multi-currency IBAN
- What are SEPA Instant transfers?