Information Security Analyst (Security Operations)
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 25+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Technology team isn’t just one of the best in the industry, it’s one of the best in the world. And we’re proud of it. It’s our driving force; our engine 🚀 From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, there’s nothing (and we mean nothing) our tech team can’t do. Our Technology team isn’t here to fix legacy systems – it’s here to build world-class financial products from the ground up. Products that will be used by millions of people around the world (18+ million people, not that we’re counting) 🌎
We’re building one of the best Information Security teams to make Revolut the safest FinTech to our customers – and that’s where you come in.
The Detection and Response (D&R) Analyst will be responsible for building, managing and operating the detection and response capability of security related events that impact IT systems. The role will primarily focus on understanding and proactively preventing threats to IT based environments.
We're looking for people that have a passion for designing detections, deploying automations, performing threat hunting, and who thrive under pressure when responding to an active incident.
Up for the challenge? Let's get in touch 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Developing security detections and alerts for IT and internal system platforms
- Developing and deploying security controls for cloud native environments
- Operating and maintaining detect and response processes using commercial and/or custom built tools
- Creating and reporting on actionable metrics regarding detection and response
- Assessing logging and monitoring infrastructure and remediate capability gaps
- Assisting in developing forward-thinking security policies and procedures as needed
What you'll need
- 1+ years of security experience or an equivalent in relevant academic experience
- Fundamental knowledge of operating systems, networking protocols and information security
- Scripting/coding experience in at least one general purpose language, preferably Python
- Analytical mindset for analysing security threats operating in cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with security response procedures on platforms or custom built tools
- To be a strong team player that can work independently with minimal oversight when required
Nice to have
- Developing detections and response procedures based on security frameworks (MITRE)
- Experience with security analysis tools and techniques (ElasticSearch, Jupyter notebooks)
- MSc degree in Information Security
- Vilnius: €2,700 - €6,000 gross monthly*
- Lithuania: €2,700 - €6,000 gross monthly*
- Other locations: Compensation will be discussed during the interview process
*Final compensation will be determined based on the candidate's qualifications, skills, and previous experience
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
- Get It Done
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
- Deliver WOW
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
- Dream Team
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
- Never Settle
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
- Think Deeper
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.