Business Development Manager (Card Payments)
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 30+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 6000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Encouraged to break new frontiers, Business Development at Revolut is at the front line of diversifying and increasing profit for the business as a whole. These teams work across industries and areas to present various creative options for new revenue streams 🚀
Responsible for every pitch from inception to delivery, they also ensure that all new ideas are viable from a business perspective. Though individual specialists are spread across the business, supporting different teams in their growth, they still come together as a function to align on key areas as often as necessary 💫
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager who’s brave enough to take responsibility for getting the deal done 📣 A sharp mind who’ll get detailed knowledge and understanding of every aspect of Revolut’s Card Payments financial partnerships (for example, Card Schemes) and services. A complete end-to-end finisher who always pushes projects to implementation 🏋️♂️
Card Payments is one of the core businesses at Revolut as millions of customers use Revolut cards every day for their daily payments, plus other card-related services (top ups, push to card, ATM, etc.).
Up for the challenge? Let’s get in touch 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Managing independently and proactively high impact relationships in the UK, EU and Globally with sophisticated financial institutions including payment card schemes
- Acting as owner and point of contact of these relationships internally and representing Revolut externally
- Conducting sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, competition, customer behaviours, and Revolut’s positioning to yield key insights and drive new product roadmaps
- Identifying ways to scale and generating new payment revenue streams
- Finding opportunities to optimise Revolut payment services pricing and costs
- Shaping business cases and projects around growth and PnL optimisation ideas
- Interacting with other Card Payments and external teams (Product Owners, Operations, Legal, Finance, etc.) to ensure implementation of underlying new product strategies to continue Revolut’s hyper growth
What you'll need
- 3-7 years of experience
- Excellent programme management with the ability to lead projects from beginning to end, learning as you go
- To be an analytical thinker who starts with data and has a problem-solving mindset
- To be proactive and have the drive to make change happen
- Strong communication skills in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders globally
- An understanding of P&L and the ability to deep dive to understand the key drivers
- A natural curiosity and willingness to make an impact
- Knowledge of financial and payments industry
Nice to have
- Prior experience working in a startup, tech company, investment bank, consulting firm, or any kind of strategy/operations internship
- Expertise in Card payments domain (acquiring/issuing services, partners ecosystem, market dynamics, PnL drivers)
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
- Get It Done
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
- Deliver WOW
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
- Dream Team
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
- Never Settle
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
- Think Deeper
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.