Why was my Direct Debit declined?
There can be a few reasons.
- Usually, it’s because you don’t have enough money associated to the currency account from which the Direct Debit was set from. Funds must be in the same currency account that was used for setting up the Direct Debit. For example: if you set up a GBP Direct Debit, and provided the merchant with details from your GBP currency account, you must have enough money in that account to cover the Direct Debit payments
- It's always worth double checking with the merchant if they have your correct account details. For GBP it's your GBP account number and sort code. For EUR, it's your EUR IBAN and BIC code.
- The limit of a single EUR Direct Debit payment is 10,000 EUR. There is no limit for GBP Direct Debits.
- Make sure the beneficiary is setting up a Core Direct Debit scheme, as we do not support B2B (but we're working on it!)
If your Direct Debit is still failing, contact our support team, and we’ll be happy to help.
- Transfer fees
- How long do transfers take?
- How can I download my transfer confirmation or MT103?
- Where can I find my account details or IBAN?
- Does Revolut Business accept cash or receipt deposits?
- What is Revolut’s address?
- How to edit counterparty details?
- Local account details
- Local VS International transfers
- Multi-currency IBAN
- What are SEPA Instant transfers?